30 Jan 2012

Le Nordik Spa - absolute bliss


This is where I was all day yesterday with my ladies. It was my third time going, and my favorite time yet.
If you live in Ottawa or Gatineau and haven't been - GO!

How it works:
You start in either the dry sauna or mint steam bath (my fav) for 10-15, that's if you can make it that long. Usually at 10 minutes I'm practically running for the door because I've stayed my max amount of time before melting. 
After the heat therapy, you go under an ice cold waterfall for 2 seconds. This opens your pores, and relaxes your muscles. Just as you're wondering why you would do such a thing, you feel completely calm and ready for relaxation. It's so worth it.
The relaxation part is where you really find your "balance". If someone could read my mind they would think I was overly optimistic. I guess everyone reflects about different things, but I always find myself being so thankful for everything....seriously. It's so hard not to be when you're on cloud nine. They have rooms that are dedicated to sleep in; you could seriously waste half of the day there if you're not careful. They also have these little heated huts (not shown in the picture) where there is a fireplace on a rock and all these comfy chairs around it. The girls and I kept gravitating towards that place yesterday, it was so relaxing.

Last but not least, they have these whirlpools and hot tubs. A good time to catch up and talk (quietly). Everywhere else in the spa they demand silence, but you can get away with whispering in the hot tubs. Well, that's until you look up and see an employee standing there with a silence sign. It's really hard not to burst out laughing because it is so awkward!!
We also ate at the restaurant and over indulged for sure, but how often do you get that opportunity? Sitting at a fancy restaurant with no make-up on, wet hair, with only a towel on? Yes please.

If you don't live in Ottawa you should definitely find something similar in your area. The pictures were taken from the Nordik Spa's website:  http://nordik.akufendev.ca/en/homepage/

Thanks for reading xo

4 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! Long way from Australia but if I ever get to that part of the world would be great! Is it for guys as well as women?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks incredibly relaxing! It reminds me a little of the Scandinave Spa in Collingwood (Blue Mountain). Will definitely be checking this place out when I head to Ottawa in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

    @ Murray - It is for anyone who wants to go, male or female. Actually, I see a lot of couples there together! Many go by themselves as well, it's super laid back. :)

    @ Aleeza - I just looked up the one in Blue Mountain... I can't believe how similar they look! Yes definitely check it out if you come, it's so necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiring and good. Saunas have Rewards.   saunajournal.com

    ReplyDelete